Sunday, August 12, 2007

I wore pink flip-flops to the Rodeo



We left the Airstream parked outside the condo and took a long drive. We went through Winter Park and Granby ending up in Kremmling, a cowboy town about 30 minutes north of Silverthorne. Robert discovered a rodeo was in progress. I wasn't prepared--I didn't have my telephoto lens or my boots, but that didn't stop me from crawling under the fence to get closer to the action. We saw the last two events: ladies barrel racing, and bull riding. One 12-year-old bull named Duster was such an old pro; he knocked-off his rider in less than one second then promptly trotted to the pen. Nobody got gored which took some of the fun out of the event for me.



All cowboy hats, boots, spurs, and tractor trailers--then somebody has to spoil the authenticity of the scene with their corporate jet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rodeos are so much fun. We were impressed with the clean-cut kids that attended the one is TX. :-)