Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Girl stuff


Lunch with Kim and Diane. They both look great. We had a lot of catching up to do. As usual, we met at the boutique Kim works at and walked across the street to a favorite cafe. And, as usual, after lunch, Kim lured me back into the boutique to try things on. This time, she had some serious help from Allison who has quite the opinion on what suits me best. "This will look good with your skin tone," she says, and I'm speechless.

I bought her a hat and colored "one size fits all" tights. "They'll fit me, Mom--I'm one size!" I came out empty-handed I think because I have lost my desire to dress pretty. I'm letting myself go, I tell my friends. Living near the ocean in a warm climate will do that to you. Who's to impress? I believe that's the point of escaping to Mexico--you want to hang all that up. But, I am home now, and should probably get with the program and get my sorry self in for maintenance: pedicure, manicure, facial, haircut, highlights, teeth whitener, waxing, new shoes, clothes, earrings, eyeglasses, sole supports, botox, collagen, dermabrasion, a facelift, or whatever else is necessary and recommended at my age.

Or I could what men do when they need a boost--buy a new car. Probably no more expensive.

No comments: