Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Frisco




The grizzly bear has all but disappeared from Colorado, but there are plenty of black bears, although we've yet to spot one yet--alive. Allison and I spent some time in Frisco today going through historical cabins and the original one-room schoolhouse that serves as a museum for artifacts from the mid 1800's when the town was founded. There is a cute exhibit of the town in miniature along with stuffed specimens of animals indigenous to the region like bears, beavers, eagles, elk, etc.

There is also some nice bronze art like this giant bear with an indian girl.
I think Frisco is my favorite of the towns in Summit County. It seems the most authentic. Plus it has my favorite spot to eat (The Butterhorn) and one of the quaintest main streets of anywhere I've been.

No comments: